- July, 2018 John Finnerty has been invited to speak at the 2018 Family Law Summer Institute sponsored by New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education of Wednesday, July 25, 2018, at the Bar Center in New Brunswick. He will be leading a free wielding discussion about various topics pertaining to Alimony.
- April, 2018 Finnerty, Canda & Concannon, P.C. is proud to announce that two of our Firm’s attorneys, John E. Finnerty, Esq. and Amanda M. Ribustello, Esq. have been named as “New Jersey’s Best Lawyers for Families for 2018” by New Jersey Family. Please join us in congratulating our attorneys on this achievement!
- November 27, 2017 On behalf of the Matrimonial Lawyers’ Alliance, a long standing family law association that regularly appears as Amicus on cutting edge family law issues, John E. Finnerty has chaired a Sub-Committee that studied A-3479/A-5189, bills pending in the New Jersey Legislature that would impose joint legal and physical custody presumptively on all parents getting divorced, requiring children to reside in “equal or approximate amounts of time…..” with each parent.Finnerty authored the Alliance’s position, which opposes the proposed bills, since it is intuitive that not all families should be governed by the same cookie cutter approach to parenting plans following divorce. Families are varied and unique and one size does not fit all. Mr. Finnerty’s analysis of this bill submitted to the legislators, on behalf of the Alliance is fully set forth here: Misplaced presumption of S-3479 and A-5189.
- Amanda M. Ribustello, Esq. is presently assisting in organizing a Bergen County Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Seminar, “The New Child Support Statute, What Does It All Mean?” with a special emphasis on the impact of the new statute on children with disabilities. In addition to assisting with organizing the panel. Ms. Ribustello will be participating in the program as a panelist alongside the Honorable Jane Gallina Mecca, J.S.C., Steven Hertler, PsyD, Principal Probation Officer Ericka Paradiso, and attorneys Laura Nunnink, Kory Ann Ferro, and Gale Weinberg. The panel will take place at the office of the Bergen County Bar Association on December 19, 2017 from 12 noon to 2 p.m.
- Finnerty, Canda & Concannon, P.C. is proud to announce that four of our Firm’s attorneys, John E. Finnerty, Esq., Marilyn J. Canda, Esq., Amanda M. Ribustello, Esq., and Laura V. Ortizio, Esq. have been named as Bergen County Top Lawyers for 2017 by Bergen Magazine. Please join us in congratulating our attorneys on this achievement!
- Finnerty, Canda & Concannon, P.C. is proud to announce that John Finnerty, Esq. has been recognized by Best Lawyers© in America for inclusion in their 2018 Best Lawyers in America. Mr. Finnerty has been previously named as the 2017 Family Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Hackensack and 2013 Family Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Newark.
No aspect of the above information has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey, but the methodology used in connection with the accolade referenced is available for inspection here – www.bestlawyers.com/About/MethodologyBasic.aspx
- John Finnerty will be speaking in a Real Estate Development seminar sponsored by Friedberg Properties & Associates on Tuesday, March 28, 2017, at 10:00 a.m. in connection with a round table discussion for brokers involving divorce related real estate issues.